"One Thing Is Needed"
(Refer to previous post for Part I)
Jesus' answer to Martha brought revelation to my eyes:
“...And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” - Luke 10:41
What was that one thing needed?
- When the Lord made the earth, he worked for six days and rested for one.
- When the Lord Jesus came to earth, He was working in His ministry and spent time away to rest.
- When the Lord sent His Holy Spirit to the earth, He came as a mighty wind and interestingly rested upon each of the disciples.
Some of Webster's definitions for Rest:
- A bodily state characterized by minimal functional and metabolic activities
- Freedom from activity or labor
- A state of motionlessness or inactivity
- Peace of mind or spirit
- Something used for support
I leave you with this: There’s freedom that comes when you actively rest. You will experience supernatural peace when this happens. Then, there’s someone you can use for support when you rest: Jesus.
“Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me...” - Matthew 11:28-29